Friday, May 30, 2014

Interview: Jason David Frank



By Geek Whale

The Puerto Rico Comic Con is finally here and the Geek Whale team is thrilled to bring you a quick interview with one of the guests, a well known MMA fighter, martial artist, and one of the best known Power Rangers, the Green Ranger himself Jason David Frank . The Geek Whale team was excited to learn he was coming back this year and had a mission to interview the Green Ranger. This is what happened!



Geek Whale: Your character, Tommy, is so popular that it has been brought back as different rangers after being the Green Ranger. Are there any plans to bring him back in the new series?

JDF: Right now, I haven't heard anything, but I love playing Tommy so I would always love to come back.

Geek Whale: When you first stepped into Tommy’s shoes, did you ever think that it would affect and continue affecting the lives of so many?

JDF: I never thought it would be as big as it is today. I have so many fans around the world that look up to Tommy and that is just amazing to me. I hear all types of stories about how Tommy helped someone get through tough times at home or school and it just makes me very happy to be part of something like that.

Geek Whale: How do you feel when you put on your Green Ranger suit for the conventions?

JDF: It definitely brings back memories. I love seeing how fans get when they see me in the suit. It’s like they are 8 years old again and it makes me happy to see that.

Geek Whale: You created your own martial arts system "Toso Kune Do", which means "way of the fighting fist". How is this system different from traditional martial arts? For those interested in Toso Kune Do, where can they learn this discipline?

JDF: Toso Kune Do is a mix of many different styles of martial arts. The mixture of the styles makes it easier for all types of people to train, whether they like kicks more than punching, or using weapons, etc. Right now, I have three schools in Texas and one in California called Rising Sun Karate Academy. I’m also working on a website, trainmejdf.com, where I will teach everyone from around the world Toso Kune Do virtually.

Geek Whale: On January of 2013 you became the Guinness World Record Holder for most 1inch pine board broken during free-fall. What was it like and would you do it again to break your own record of 7 broken boards?

JDF: I wanted to do something that included both of the things I love, which are martial arts and skydiving. It was a great experience to go up there and do the record. Of course, I would break my own record. The first record break was just for fun and I broke 7 boards.

Geek Whale: What are your thoughts in regards to the Power Ranger reboot?

JDF: I think this is great news. Power Rangers has been going on for 20 years and now it's just as popular as it was when it first came out. I have always supported and been very proud of being part of the brand so I think this is a huge step forward.

Geek Whale: Will you be willing to open a dojo in Puerto Rico? - By Joel Rodriguez Ramos (community question)

JDF: I love it here in Puerto Rico, if I could I would definitely open a dojo here.

Geek Whale: How do you feel about participating for the second time in the Puerto Rico Comic Con 2014?

JDF: I had so much fun here the first time. Everyone showed so much love and enthusiasm, it blew me away. I can't wait to meet everyone again and feel that same energy.

Geek Whale: Early this year you called out CM Punk for a MMA fight. Is this fight going to happen?

JDF: Actually, I never called out CM Punk. He said during one of his Q&A that he would fight me and you just don’t say that in the fighting world. Right now, I haven't heard anything back from him. I would love to fight with him, since he’s a legit martial artist and I think it would be something all fans would love to see.



Thank you Jason David Frank and the Puerto Rico Comic Con for giving us the opportunity to make this happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment